Year by Year
Year by year of my recent music journey ( CLICK THE YEAR to listen to the tracks )
How i used to work:
I just have a guitar, a one chord bass + a midi keyboard. // I put the sounds one by one. It’s during the night (almost everytimes). // At my table in front of the cpu. The silence makes one with the emerging music. // And I feel blessed when something arrives. And when it comes, all my body becomes a sort of machina. // Which obeys to my higher spirit … itself obeys to something higher Hours pass … and when the daylight starts to live … // I start to feel tired, so I go to bed.
- YEAR 2017 : Even if it was not a great year on the personal side, at least it was rich of music. I spent quite some time working on short melodies on the piano and intensively played acoustic & electric guitars all year long. This is why at christmas i got me a new recorder, to make some future demos by myself, away from the computer, like back in the day, moving the faders and playing live from A to Z.
- YEAR 2016 : It’s been a couple of years that i say i’m about to record (seriously) some new songs. But, the fact is … it didn’t happen, or the project wasn’t able to be completed. I had to be honest with myself and acknowledge that painting, is now my main creative activity. That being said, my guitar is still my best friend, together we found some new tracks now surviving in my smartphone’s memory, it’s fragile but real, and i’m having some fun playing some simple tracks on my piano again. Music is not dead *
- YEAR 2015 : This year had a good start since i had the opportunity to record in a studio a couple of tracks for upcoming songs, some electric guitar there, some keyboard here, some drums etc … but i couldn’t finish anything right on time and was not able to go to the studio for the rest of 2015. Meaning i have some pretty messy pieces of songs waiting for me to take care of them one day, once again. Since it was my 20 years of music anniversary, i got me a new acoustic guitar in december 2015, one you can keep all your life and since i never stop to play each single day, it will finally result into new recording at some point.
- YEAR 2014 : It was another intense year working on the paintings, and facing some real issues ( like death of close beings ) and i was not able to produce a new record like i wanted. But late in the year i came back to the studio for the first time in years, and i was able to record some tracks i hope to complete as soon as possible.
- YEAR 2013 : For the last couple of years, i did not record any new material on a serious recording machine except for the cellphone or like, but songs are slowly getting mature, as i still play every single day on my acoustic guitar.
- YEAR 2012 : Since i like to put out a record every two years, this time i had no choice but release a e.p. full of b.sides and demos.” FALLEN LEAVES ” In the end, this was not a bad thing to offer an afterlife to what has taken time and dedication.
- YEAR 2011 : After a very emotional record ( to me ), i completely gave my time to the painting and the spiritual openings. Another fields but the same flame remains.
- YEAR 2010 : A tough year which allow means a very insightful year. But this time it was a real turnaround time of life. This time i had once for all, to overcome, sublime, transform and move on. This time was the time i made my full step into the actions along the words. The time to record the e.p ” FLOWERDEW ” as a magnified wave that will take care of itself forever.
- YEAR 2009 : A real year … less music recordings, more realities, Life breathing in the heart free from grey … a trip to the USA to meet my present and future in person, the Love of my life. And now … it’s a new era where you have to act and Be. Not suffer and complain anymore from things your responsible of. To destroy was fast and easy, to build will be long and passionating.
- YEAR 2008 : E.P. year: ” FULL SO(O)N ” … first one with vocals … better then the others and still far from what i know i can do … but on the good way. It was hard, near impossible to produce … thanx to a few nice souls, i almost made it. A year which was linked to the previous ones and the next one for sure. I finally saved myself from my main addiction, a 13 years old inner fight. All of this was possible thanx to the self knowledge and with the help from higher spheres. It was a matter of focus. Like a lot people, some of the artists i love died at 27 … i always thought, in a naive way, i’ll do the same … in a way it did happen … and i did born the very next second. Now life can start…
- YEAR 2007 : A pure slow-transition year … assuming the loneliness for good. Each day teachs you a lesson ( or more ) and this year was full of it. On a musical point, I start to feel a little more confident in what I do, even if I’m not here to become proud of anything. I’ve not made a record in 2007 cos’ the ” cd’ format ” seems to be dead, it’s sad to say that my 2 firsts e.p. copies will rest in peace…in their box! moreover you have to be able to get money to produce, a thing I don’t have in me. But I am on The Way, more than ever … sure of what I do, even if I really don’t know what I do concretely ! Now that I’ve passed the 27th year’ cap … I can try to Live.
- YEAR 2006 : E.p. year. “Forgive Your Realities”. I really wanted to release a better project. But I’ve failed to put into some ” real songs ” ( with vox ). So the e.p. became a sort of instrumentalexutory of my frustrated feelings. During this year I got a lot of “love-mirages”. Which means my brain had too many troubles to already work. I feel more mature but definitely not a man (I mean “hunter”).
- YEAR 2005 : 2005 to me, means some hard times. My first e.p done, I had to look ahead. But I think I was depressive a most part of this year. Lost between my past habits and goin’ on with a new state of mind and Knowledge. This was a survival period. I have learned you must lose something if you want to discover another. Also I ‘ve discovered how I’m going to suffer from my sensitive vision of love ( which is not cool ) and moreover, the need to create more positive songs now that I can feel all these interconnected thoughts. Which ‘ll be very important to me in my future.
- YEAR 2004 : E.P Year … released my first one; ” FLASHED (In the South ) “ I am not really proud of it cos’ it sounds a lil’ cheap and the concept was totally misunderstood. ( short musical sentences recorded ” one shot ” in a foreign environment ). See the myspace page dedicated to if you want.
- YEARS Before & Others : In a blabla mode, … I could say … the same kinds of things that everyone say … like ” I do music since X … I play the instruments Y&Z … ” … Imagine it yourself. All I can write for now, is that I’ve spent a lot of years lost in my passion for X & Y + Z. I had my account of auto-sufferings back in the day … paint and strings and wasted joys ( by myself ) … all kinds of experiences to help me to understand what is the Life and what is not a life ( to have ).